A massive antifascist protest march took place in Athens on Saturday. Hundreds of demonstrators demanded the closure of the far right party "Golden Dawn" headquarters. The demonstrators were blocked by police before reaching the area of the far right party offices.
During last week, a 42-year-old member of Golden Dawn has been taken to the prosecutor on charges of aggravated assault after beating a 24-year-old student named Alexis Lazaris. The suspect, who works in the GD office and has worked in the past in the parliamentary office of GD leader Nikos Michaloliakos, was identified by eye-witnesses.
The student was heavily beaten and seriously injured just hours after unknown assailants attacked a branch of the party in Athens last week. Media speak of retaliation attack.
The parents of the student Alexis Lazaris took part at the demonstration today.
Athens Greece, 8 April 2017.
- Watch the 4K resolution version of the video on Youtube at the link (opens a new page): Greece: Antifa protest against Golden Dawn blocked by police -4K
- More video-journalism on the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEU72zHm2UNsPN6LAal7W5SaMKMjZUo7l
- For licensing images or footage of this story, contact me by clicking here.
- Search this website, by clicking here.
- Αναζήτηση στα περιεχόμενα, κλικ εδώ.