More than 1,000 farmers, many of whom had traveled overnight from the island of Crete took part in the protest while police used tear gas and stun grenades and arrested at least three people.
As protesters are angry at increases in their tax and social security contributions, a number of farmers smashed windows of two police buses and burned a flag of the ruling party SYRIZA.
Athens, Greece, 08 March 2017.
- Watch the 4K resolution version of the video on Youtube at the link (opens a new page): Greek farmers fight police in Athens over tax hikes -4K
- More video-journalism on the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEU72zHm2UNsPN6LAal7W5SaMKMjZUo7l
- For licensing images or footage of this story, contact me by clicking here.
- Search this website, by clicking here.
- Αναζήτηση στα περιεχόμενα, κλικ εδώ.